Updated October 22, 2022
GBNY Productions Inc. ("Company", "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit gbny.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Section 1 – Persons Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under age 18. If you are under age 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, enroll in our rewards club, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or use name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Section 2 – Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, and email address ("personal information"); and
- about your internet connection (including your computer's internet protocol (IP) address), the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, including by calling, texting, or emailing us and through your use of the Website;
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners such as Shopify and PayPal.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of placing an order for products, joining our rewards club, or subscribing to our newsletter. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, such as our periodic raffle, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including [traffic data,] [location data,] [logs,] and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically [does/may/is only statistical data and does not] include personal information[, [but/or] we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties]. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
[We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.]
Section 3 – How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, return a purchase or send you our newsletter.
- To provide marketing and promotional communications to you regarding us and our products and services, including by way of individual and group email and MMS/SMS/text messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Section 4 - Consent
How do you get my consent to collecting and using my information?
How do I withdraw my consent?
You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: GBNY Productions Inc, 89-02 165 St. Jamaica, New York US 11432.
Section 5 – Disclosure
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you send us an email regarding an issue with a particular product, we may share that email with the manufacturer or wholesaler of such product.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety and that of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Section 6 - Shopify
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc., which provides us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Section 7 - Third-Party Services and Links
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. As a result, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our Website, they may direct you to a third-party website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our Website uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being viewed.
Section 8 – Data Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. We follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Section 9 – Cookies
Set forth below are the cookies we currently use on the Website. We've listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to refuse or accept them.
_session_id, unique token, sessional. This cookie allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit. This cookie is used by our website provider's internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day. This cookie counts the number of visits to the Website by a single customer.
_cart, unique token, persistent for two weeks. This cookie stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
_storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. This cookie is used to determine if the current visitor has access where a password is required on the Website.
_PREF, persistent for a very short period. This cookie is set by Google and tracks who visits the Website and from where.
Section 11 – Questions and Contact Information; Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Section 12 – Questions about Discount Codes: Discount codes are for selected styles only*. Also they cant' be combined with the other sales and discounts.